The new Asterisk CTI can dial telephone numbers from leads, contacts etc from vtigerCRM. In addition, incoming phone calls can be directly added into vtigerCRM, thus you can keep a complete history of all incoming and outgoing calls. The vtiger-asterisk integration allows users to initiate calls out of vtiger and to receive notifications on incoming calls using the Asterisk Call Manager API.
The following features are provided:
- Make calls by clicking on phone numbers (links) within vtiger.
- Notifies users of incoming calls (notification with caller details appears on the bottom right-corner of the screen).
- View of all past calls in the PBX Manager module (Tools => PBX Manager)
- Associates the call with the contact/account/lead record in the - Activity History section (on the More Information tab).
- User specific settings in My Preferences.
vtigerCRM should be installed on your system
You should have an Asterisk system running
The servers running vtiger and Asterisk should be connected to each other
You have a valid Asterisk user extension and a softphone is configured to that extension.
Once you have configured the Asterisk server to work with vtiger, you need to adjust the vtiger settings so that it can connect to Asterisk.
User Extensions Settings
vtiger allows you to create extensions for each user. These are the Asterisk extensions which, once configured in vtiger, enable the user to initiate and receive calls.