2012 | 150 Pages | ISBN: 1849515409 | EPUB + PDF | 0.4 MB + 2 MB
FreeSWITCH is an open source telephony platform designed to facilitate the creation of voice, chat, and video applications. It can scale from a soft-phone to a PBX and even up to an enterprise-class softswitch.
What you will learn from this book
- Configure users and phones as well as connections to VoIP providers and - even Google Voice
- Control FreeSWITCH remotely with the powerful event socket interface
- Route inbound and outbound calls
- Handle call detail records, which includes inserting CDRs into a database
- Enable text-to-speech conversion in your voice applications
- Monitor calls via the FreeSWITCH Web interface
- Get powerful FreeSWITCH features to work for you
- Route calls and handle call detailing records
- Written by members of the FreeSWITCH development team
- Anthony Minessale has been working with computers for nearly 30 years. He is the primary author of FreeSWITCH and Director of Engineering at Barracuda Networks. Anthony created and continues to run the ClueCon Telephony Developers Conference held every August in Chicago. Anthony has extensive experience in the Internet industry and voice over IP. He has contributed heavily to the Asterisk open source project producing many features that are still in use today. At Barracuda Networks, Anthony oversees the production and development of the CudaTEL PBX appliance that uses FreeSWITCH as its core telephony engine. This is Anthony’s second book; he has also co-authored the FreeSWITCH 1.0.6 book published by Packt Publishing.
- Darren Schreiber is the creator of a popular open-source GUI for FreeSWITCH. After working with phone systems since the age of 13, Darren has gone on to develop and manage multiple enterprise SaaS infrastructures for IT, voice, and e-commerce systems. He is currently working on development and support services for turn-key solutions that enable VoIP and hosted PBX carrier services.
- Michael S Collins
- Raymond Chandler