Appkonference 1.7 is a high performance voice/video conferencing system for Asterisk. It is a fork of appconference, and it focuses on reliability and scalability. Appkonference has been tested on both Asterisk 1.4 and 1.6.X. Both Asterisk installations supported more than 1200 participants at a time.
Appkonference is a channel-independent conference application. It features efficient audio mixing algorithms as well as video selection support based on VAD, DTMF or CLI.
Appkonference has several design goals which are different than Meetme:
* It does not require a zap channel for timing.
* It is very efficient when used with channels which support DTX (silence
* It can do VAD on channels which do not support DTX (although this
is more expensive than just mixing them, but less expensive then
encoding; therefore it might still be a win).
* It presents messages on the Monitor interface for determine which
speakers are active.
* Minimize encoding/decoding, minimize mixing.
* Minimize generational loss from trancoding.
* Usual cases are handled very efficiently:
o One speaker: That speaker's frame is sent directly to each
participant which uses the same codec. It is trancoded
_once_ for each additional codec type used by participants.
o Two speakers: Each speaker gets the other speaker's frames.
The two speaker's frames are decoded and mixed, and then
encoded _once_ for each codec type used by participants.
* Video passthrough: video from selected member is passed to every
member of the conference.
* Multiple ways to select video
- DTMF from conference members
* Ability to set default video sources and to lock/unlock video sources.